FlowHeater Logo

FlowHeater Support Forum

simply more productive

Download the freeware version (10 Mb)

Up to 100,000 records can be processed with the freeware version!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multiple xml files to one xlsx file

Multiple xml files to one xlsx file 2 months 1 week ago #3458

• Christian Oosterling
  • Christian Oosterling's Avatar Topic Author
Hi.
I am trying to read multiple xml files, and write the information to one! excel xlsx file.
The xml files is automaticaly gennerated from my webpage, so this is a function i need for printing address labels on my rfid printer.

When i use xml adapter, and target one xml file, everything just works, and the xlsx file contains the rigt stuff in all the right places.
My question is: how do i adress all xml files in this directory?
(one xml file is the adress to one customer)
I hav tried \Documents\xml\*.xml. This generates following error message: Illegal characters in path.
What to do :-) ??
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple xml files to one xlsx file 2 months 1 week ago #3459

Hi Christian,

I´m affraif the XML Adapter (or even the TextFile and Excel Adapter ) are not supporting wildcards for file names. In case you would like to procedd all XML Files with one designed Definition you need the help of the Batch Module .

In your case you have to use the Batch Module with the option /ReadFileName *.xml

For example: FHBatch.exe /ReadFileName C:\Temp\*.xml your-excel-import-definition.fhd

With this option the Batch Modul proceed all present XML files in the C:\Temp directory.

Best wishes
Robert Stark

Did this answer your question? We would be grateful if you provide a brief comment as feedback. It may also help others who may have encountered a similar problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best wishes
Robert Stark

Did this answer your question? We would be grateful if you provide a brief comment as feedback. It may also help others who may have encountered a similar problem.
Last edit: by FlowHeater-Team.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds